Top 10 Us Women’s National Team Customized Jerseys,The United States women’s national team won an unprecedented 3rd FIFA Women’s World Cup in record fashion this summer. The players are back with their club teams but will be back for the USWNT’s ‘Victory Tour’ this fall.
The best way to show your support for your favorite players is with an official customized jersey of that player. The players (and their families) love seeing the number in the stands cheering them on soccerrelease.com.
“I think it is really cool when I see fans wearing my name and number,” Alex Morgan told soccerrelease.com at the US Soccer and Nike 2015 Women’s World Cup Jersey launch. “I remember a couple of years ago maybe in 2011 or 12 when I saw fans wearing my name the first time. I think it was my parents that were saying ‘oh, it was so cool, we were coming into the stadium and there were so many Morgan jerseys’ that was exciting to them and me because it was very new to me.”
And it has been a big year for customized USWNT jerseys. For the first time in team history, the WNT had a unique jersey which helped sales. And another first, was that the women’s version was available in a men’s cut to allow male fans show their love for their favorite players and show off the 2 (now 3) stars from winning the FIFA Women’s World Cups in 1991, 1999, and 2015.
Top 10 USWNT Customized Soccer Jerseys
Honorable Mention: Lauren Holiday, Christie Rampone, Morgan Brian, Meghan Klingenberg, Kelley O’Hara.
10. Christen Press – Press grabbed immediate attention after scoring the game winner against Australia in the opening game. She immediately grabbed the attention of the casual fan and was the #1 player searched for on the soccerrelease.com
9. Hope Solo – Goalkeepers usually don’t sell that many customized jerseys but Hope Solo is an exception to every rule. The US netminder is the best in the world and was a critical part in backstopping one of the best defenses in Women’s World Cup history.USWNT Tobin HEath Jersey
8. Tobin Heath – The number of Heath customized jerseys jumped up after she finished off the scoring in the 5-2 WWC final win over Japan. In finding the back of the net, the midfielder became only the 17th player in WWC history to score in a final.
7. Ali Krieger – Krieger was solid in the back and pushed into the attack when possible. The right back was easy to spot on the field as she wore a black head band for most of her minutes on the field. The 31-year-old wore the protective piece of equipment by Unequal to protect from concussions. She suffered a concussion earlier in the NWSL season.
6. Sydney Leroux – Leroux made the most of limited minutes mostly during the group stages. The striker has a huge following a regularly posts on social media so is well-known by her fans. She provided the assists on Press’ goal in the opener.
5. Megan Rapinoe – With her short blonde hair, big smile, and creative ability, Rapinoe stands out on any soccer field. She was the inspiration in the opening match scoring a brace, served up the cross for Abby Wambach’s game winner against Nigeria, and turned provider again on Carli Lloyd’s opening goal of the final.
4. Abby Wambach – This WWC meant more to Wambach arguably than any other player. The game’s greatest goalscorer took time off from her club career and had to accept a more limited role at the WWC but in the end it was all worth it. She scored 1 goal, the game winner against Nigeria.
3. Julie Johnston – A player that most USWNT were not familiar with before the start of the WWC but one that everyone knows now. Johnston was the key in the central defense and always a dangerous threat in the attack on set pieces.
2. Carli Lloyd – A 13-minute hat-trick in the WWC final! Need we say more? OK a goal from the midfield stripe, crazy cool. The 33-year-old midfielder scored all 6 of her goals in the elimination round, took home the Silver Boot (she was tied with Golden Boot winner Celia Sasic for goals and assists and only beaten out due to Sasic playing fewer minutes), and most importantly won the WWC.
1. Alex Morgan – Morgan came into the tournament injured and was slowly worked into the lineup. But she never was at 100% but regardless gave 100%. Probably the best known player among the women’s roster and always a huge seller of customized jerseys. Fans have been pulling on the #13 jersey making it one of the most popular every year since she made her early statement with the WNT at the 2011 WWC.
Which player do you wear on your back?